Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
It’s important to find balance, especially when it comes to your quality of life. Outdated, heavy vacuums can cause a number of negative side effects including muscle strain, poor air quality, and increased stress.
However not everyone is looking for the superior technology that comes with a premium $600 vacuum. Home Vacuum Zone has reviewed the best vacuums under $100 and the best vacuums under $200 identifying some great budget friendly options. This article reviews the best vacuums under $300 in 2021 for those wanting to spend slightly more.
Buying a vacuum cleaner can be a daunting task, which is why we wrote a detailed vacuum buying guide on what you need to know (& more). In our opinion these vacuums have a lot more to offer in terms of cleaning performance, filtration, features, reliability, durability, warranty and ease of use compared to the cheaper alternatives.
Read on to find out about our Top 3 Vacuums Under $300. We've picked a canister, upright and stick model so no matter what type of vacuum is right for you, we have you covered.
1. Best Canister Vacuum Under $300 - Miele Classic C1
The Miele C1 Limited Edition is a canister vacuum with multi-floor cleaning capabilities. It has a cleaning radius of 29.5 Feet and is equipped with automatic cord rewind. It also has several attachments that are designed to expand your reach and productivity.
- Strong suction power (1200 watts)
- Vortex Motor to increase overall output and efficiency
- AirClean System to reduce exposure to dust and debris
- Wide floorhead for maximum coverage (Combination Floorhead - Ideal for both hard floor and low-pile carpet)
- Pedal on floorhead allows you to switch from bare surfaces to low-carpet areas
- Suction control with six power settings to conserve energy
- On-board storage for Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool, and Crevice Nozzle
- Vacuum bags required (and additional cost to consider)
- Attachments for carpet are small and somewhat flimsy
- Electric brush tools are not compatible
- Filtration is not HEPA standard, however is still high quality. The Miele AirClean System, consisting of a genuine Miele FilterBag, motor protection filter and AirClean exhaust filter, ensures maximum Filtration.
If you’re skeptical about this vacuum, keep in mind that all Miele products come with a 7-year warranty on the motor and housing. You shouldn’t hesitate to give this brand a try if you think it will fit your lifestyle.
2. Best Upright Vacuum Under $300 - Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752)
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away falls in the medium range of Shark vacuums in terms of cost. For someone who doesn’t need all the bells and whistles of the latest Shark top-notch model, this is definitely a strong contender. It is rated nearly perfect on Amazon and comes in a variety of styles (all under the $300 price ceiling). Our comparison of the Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away vs the Dyson Cinetic is also by far our most popular article here at Home Vacuum Zone. The Shark competes very well with the Dyson in terms of performance and leaves it for dust on price.
Depending on what you’ll use the vacuum for, the NV752 model has three tiers:
- 1The standard model
- 2A second option to include premium accessories (can also be purchased later)
- 3A third option with a TruePet Mini Motorized Brush - we like this attachment as it is motorized rather than air driven.
*Both of these features are specific to the Shark brand. If you’re interested in a model that encompasses all of these qualities, check out our review of the Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away (AX951).
If you’re looking for a reliable product that will protect you from harmful pollutants in your environment, the Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away has all the technology you need. You can always choose to buy additional cleaning tools if you purchase the standard version of this model. It was designed to be compatible with a variety of products, making it a very attractive vacuum for people with specific needs. Overall, it is a user-friendly product that is easy to assemble, clean with, and maintain.
3. Best Cordless Vacuum Under $300 - Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson V7 Motorhead is the only cord-free vacuum on this list. That being said, it offers a degree of mobility that the other corded vacuums can’t compete with. It is equipped with 75% more suction power than the previous version (V6) – a large change in performance for a relatively small price increase.
Although there are newer versions of the Dyson Cordless Stick such as the V8, V10 and V11, they are all well over $300. In our opinion this is still the best cordless stick vacuum that you can get close to under $300.
The WHOLE vacuum weights under 6 pounds. One of the most frequent complaints about vacuum cleaners is that they are heavy and bulky. This incredibly lightweight, sleek design will never give you that problem.
This vacuum scored a 99% positive rating on the Dyson website, making it a hard model to compete with. Despite its weight and design, it is equipped with all the tools you need to clean your home effectively. It has more suction power and battery life than similar Shark models on the market. Its ability to transform into a handheld device makes it possible to clean a wider range of areas, adding more valuable to the product.
Finding a vacuum that improves your quality of life doesn’t always have to cost an arm and a leg. All three of these vacuums are reliable and backed by well-known, innovative companies. There is a lot of new technology here – including a wide range of tools – that should be weighed carefully when you make a decision.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API