Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Roomba is the name of the robotic vacuum cleaners series launched by iRobot. iRobot has manufactured consumer robots since 1990 and is regarded as one of the best brands of robot vacuum. Indeed, these robots roaming all over your floor will save you time and effort of vacuum cleaning your whole house while you are out at work.
Roomba S9 and i7 are the two latest models of the Roomba robotic vacuum cleaners series. Advanced navigation system, long run time, cleaning efficiency, bin size, and noise. We will review all of these parameters and more for you to help you choose the right robot vacuum for your needs.
Roomba has a wide range of robot vacuum cleaners, and all of them are perfectly suited for different kinds of households. Multiple choices and confusion go hand in hand, especially when both models have great reviews. So let us reduce the confusion a bit today, shall we?
We will compare these models of the Roomba line:
- iRobot Roomba i7 vs. iRobot Roomba S9
- iRobot Roomba i7+ vs. iRobot Roomba S9+
Roomba i7 Vs. Roomba S9: Comparison Table
Here is a comparison table for iRobot Roomba S9 and iRobot Roomba I7 based on different parameters.
|Model||iRobot Roomba S9||iRobot Roomba I7|
|Type of Filtration(HEPA or non HEPA)||2 HEPA filters||2 HEPA filters|
|Bagged or Bagless?||Bagless||Bagless|
|Power (watt)||40 times the 600 series||10 times the 600 series|
|Noise Level (dB)||64||62|
|Included tools and attachments||1 North American Line Cord1 extra high-efficiency filter1 Extra corner brush1 Home Base charging station||1 North American Line Cord1 Home Base Charging Station1 Extra High-efficiency Filter1 extra Side Brush|
|Cord Length (if applicable)||NA||NA|
|Run Time (mins)||120||75|
|Number of Batteries||3300mAh||1800mAh|
iRobot Roomba i7
This robot vacuum cleaner is part of the i7 series of iRobot Roomba. It comes in a classic round design and a 3-stage cleaning system. Roomba i7 is equipped with Smart Maps and imprints to identify each room structure and furniture arrangement so that it can decide its path of cleaning accordingly. Smart Mapping technology will help your robot to learn the floorplan and memorize it for future use.
Its suction power is ten times more than the 600 series of robot vacuum cleaners by iRobot. It is great for pet owners and is suitable for every kind of floor in your household. It also offers an easy setup with the handy manual in the box.
- It is a cheap option for robot vacuum cleaners as compared to other robot cleaners from iRobot with smart navigation.
- Its 3 stage cleaning not only collects dust and hair but also protects you from allergen.
- Capable of collecting large size dust or dirt particles as large as mini crackers.
- It can be connected to your Wi-Fi.
- You can enjoy hands-free service by using voice control via Alexa and Google home.
- Imprint smart mapping that helps your robot cleaner to plan and remember the cleaning path.
- Infrared sensors to recognize furniture and stairs and avoid bumping and falling.
- The app works in both Android and iOS and lets you monitor and control cleaning processes from anywhere.
- It has up to 90% of high-efficiency cleaning performance. It barely leaves any dirt behind.
- It follows a 3-step cleaning system and ensures no dirt or allergens are left behind.
- The design is a bit larger than the S9 robot vacuum cleaner, which makes it easier to bump into.
- The motor is 30 times less powerful as compared to S9.
- No corner brush. Instead, it has a mid-body brush and hence is not as efficient in cleaning corners.
For a better understanding of this robot vacuum, The below video provides a product review for the Roomba i7 from Roomba’s Youtube channel.
iRobot Roomba S9
iRobot Roomba S9 belongs to iRobot’s new S9 series. iRobot steps up in technology and systems with every new series they come up with. This vacuum is perfect for you if you have pets and it’s shedding season.
The S9 series does not leave the corners and even vacuum under the cabins. These have a mapping system and are good at cleaning even with a lot of obstacles. You can manage and track them on your phone through an app.
S9 series also has the function of voice assistance that will help you command your vacuum to clean around and under your furniture. Yes, you can control them with Google homes and Alexa.
- D-shape design to avoid obstacles and clean difficult spots like under the cabin.
- 40 times more suction power than the 600 series, as compared to i7, which has only has 10 times more suction.
- The 3-stage cleaning system is superior as compared to i7.
- The suction area is covered with rubber brushes to collect all the dust particles, and the hair tangles easily. Rubber also ensures that the hair does not get tangled in the bands.
- The filters contain four-layer allergen locks that ensure that 90% of the allergens get collected.
- Suitable for every kind of floor, from hardwood to carpet.
- It uses a VSLAM navigation system that dynamically forms a map of the house and the objects in front of it and hence avoids bumping into your furniture and walls and leaving scratches all over. The sensors also help the vacuum cleaner on the stairs, and the Cliff detector prevents them from falling.
- The cleaning brush is located at the corner to ensure that no corner in your house is left dirty.
- You will have to clean the dust container manually when the app shows a full bin alert.
- The bin size is slightly smaller than in the i7 Roomba.
- A bit on the expensive side.
For a better understanding, you can go through the product review on iRobot’s official Youtube channel. The below video provides an overview of the Roomba S9.
Roomba i7 Vs. S9: Which is better?
If I were to choose, I would suggest investing in the iRobot Roomba S9. The only advantage iRobot Roomba i7 has over S9 is the price, but it is still quite expensive itself. The S9 Roomba has 30% wider brushes, a special D-shape which makes it easier to clean in certain areas, and 30 times higher suction power, significant improvements that are nice to have.
S9 gives 99% cleaning efficiency. In practical experiments, S9 has proven to be better in performance in corners. The suction power is 30 times more in Roomba S9 as compared to i7, which means better performance.
On the flip side, there is a huge difference in the prices of the two robovacs. The S9 is suited for larger homes, where there are more people living and if you have multiple pets who shed a lot. But for people who live in a smaller home and don’t need as much suction power, the i7 is just as good a deal while saving you a lot of money.
iRobot Roomba i7+ vs. iRobot Roomba S9+
Here is a comparison table for iRobot Roomba S9+ and iRobot Roomba I7+ based on different parameters.
|Model||iRobot Roomba S9+||iRobot Roomba I7+|
|Type of filtration(HEPA or non HEPA)||2 HEPA filters||2 HEPA filters|
|Bagged or Bagless?||Bagged||Bagless|
|Power (watt)||40 times the 600 series||33|
|Noise Level (dB)||65-75|
|Included tools and attachments||1 Clean base Automatic Dirt Disposal2 Dirt disposal bags1 North American Line Cord1 extra high-efficiency filter1 extra corner brush||1Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal2 Dirt Disposal Bags1 North American Line Cord1 Extra high-efficiency filter1 Extra Side brush|
|Cord Length (if applicable)||NA||NA|
|Run Time (mins)||120||75|
|Number of Batteries||3300mAh||1800mAh|
iRobot Roomba i7+
This product is also from the I7 series launched by iRobot Roomba. This model is similar to the i7, but it comes with an auto-disposal system and a few changes in the robot vacuum’s bin size.
Equipped with an iAdopt 3.0 Navigation system, this vacuum can map your house and the app lets you know how many rooms are cleaned and what corners collect more dirt.
Finally, it has ten times the suction power than the 600 series.
- Capable of picking up large bits of dirt like cereals.
- Additional dust disposal system and hence you can clean your house for weeks without worrying about the emptying of the dust bins.
- Can collect pet hairs without being tangled to the vacuum brush.
- It gives 99% performance in cleaning.
- It can be connected to Wi-Fi.
- It can be controlled through your phone and Alexa.
- The app is functional in both Android and iOS, which means it helps you stop, start and resume the robot from wherever you want; you can also track the location of the vacuum.
- It comes with two additional cleaning bags.
- With an additional self disposal system, the complete i7+ lands on the expensive side.
- It can be a bit noisy.
- The design is comparatively poor to its competitor and has more chances of bumping into furniture.
- Its side brush only has three heads, and therefore it might miss corner debris.
For a better understanding, you can go through the product review on iRobot’s official Youtube channel. Check out the below video to see the product review for Roomba i7+.
iRobot Roomba S9+ (ASIN: B07QXM2V6X)
This product is also from the S9 series launched by iRobot Roomba. This robotic vacuum cleaner is similar to the S9 version, but it comes with an auto disposal system and a slight change in bin size
Perfect for pet owners and suited for all kinds of floors in your house. Sensors can detect walls, furniture, and stairs and avoid bumping. It comes with an easy setup manual. It can be voice-controlled.
Its self disposal system can store up to a week’s worth of dust, and the app also notifies you of any rise in the pollen count.
- Superior 3 stage cleaning system.
- Automatic dust disposal and self-emptying system.
- Advance navigation and matting technologies.
- HEPA filters collect almost 90% of the pet hair and dirt.
- Long-life battery for efficient cleaning.
- Flexible rubber creates clean surface contact.
- It can be controlled through voice.
- Slightly more expensive than the S9 version.
- Comparatively smaller bin size so it holds less dirt, but comes with auto disposal.
For a better understanding, you can go through the product review on iRobot’s official Youtube channel. You can verify the read information here. Check out the below video for an overview of the Roomba S9+.
Roomba i7+ Vs. S9+: Which is better?
Let’s start with the price; Roomba i7+ costs $799.99 while Roomba S9+ costs $1099.99. We see an advantage here for the i7 in cost.
Both of the models have an auto disposal system that means you don’t have to worry about charging and cleaning the bin. The S9+ certainly has a lot more suction power and can clean the corners of your home much better. It also has a longer run time, which means that if you have a larger home with lots of pets or people living in it, then the S9+ might be worth your while.
But if you are a small family, and the Roomba S9+ seems out of your budget, then i7+ is not a bad option for you. It has most of the same functions for quite a bit less.
Robot vacuum cleaners are great for homeowners who wish to save time on chores. The i7 and S9, as well as their upgraded versions, are high-end robot vacuums packed with extensive features and recent updates. Both models have their pros and cons, so it will be best to review them before deciding which one will be better for your use and budget.
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API