Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
When you look at vacuum cleaners, you will find a wide range of models available for every budget. Dyson and Ryobi are two popular vacuum brands that you will likely have come across.
Dyson makes premium-quality household products such as vacuum cleaners, dryers, and heaters. They are a regular feature of our reviews here at Home Vacuum Zone including our most popular Dyson vs Shark vacuum comparison. Dyson, a global technology brand, was established in 1991 and has a team of engineers worldwide to research and develop its products.
Ryobi is a much older brand, established in 1943, and has manufacturing units worldwide.
In this article, let us look at the similarities and differences of the latest Ryobi and Dyson stick vacuum models and help you choose the best cordless vacuum cleaners for your use case.
#1 – Ryobi 18-Volt+ EverCharge Vacuum Cleaner (P718K)
The Ryobi EverCharge stick vacuum cleaner is great for cleaning compact spaces. Below, we will discuss this vacuum’s features in-depth.
- Weight: It weighs just 7.6 lbs. This lightweight design makes cleaning easy and offers great flexibility.
- Dirt Capacity: The dirt capacity this vacuum can hold is just 0.13 gallons (0.5L). It can clean dust and dirt particles of almost all sizes, from sawdust to cereals.
- Filtration: This vacuum comes with a prefilter. It easily gets attached to the main filter and can capture large dirt particles, hair, and furs. It also uses a removable HEPA filter.
- Run Time: The Ryon vacuum uses a 4Ah lithium-ion battery and can run for 45 minutes.
- Power: With its brushless technology, it delivers suction power suitable for light use and quick clean ups. It comes with a high and low power mode with a lock-on.
- Warranty: 3-year warranty period.
- Lightweight Design that converts to a handheld vacuum;
- Brush bar has an on/off switch for moving from carpets to hard floors;
- Easy maintenance – removal of the brush bar for cleaning takes seconds;
- Swappable battery that is the same type found on all other Ryobi power tools.
- The dirt canister fills up quickly.
- Brush bar does not have features to prevent hair from getting tangled.
- Lower suction power and carpet cleaning performance compared to Dyson’s cordless models
#2 – Dyson V8
This lightweight and ergonomic design vacuum makes it easy to clean high areas and capture fine dust and dirt.
- Weight: It weighs 5.63 lbs. Its lightweight design makes it easy to clean high-up areas with smooth motion.
- Dirt Capacity: This vacuum stores up to 0.14 gallons of dust in its bin bag.
- Filtration: Its fully-sealed filtration and can capture 99.97% of dirt, pet hair and allergens using HEPA filtration.
- Run Time: This vacuum can run for 40 minutes in power mode and up to 25 minutes if you switch to a motorized cleaner head.
- Power: It has very powerful suction and can capture small particles and expel clean air.
- Powerful suction.
- Uses advanced HEPA filtration
- You need to keep holding the power button while cleaning. The Ryobi stick is better than the Dyson in this regard because it can be locked on in either high or low mode.
#3 – Dyson V10
This cordless design vacuum has a powerful suction capacity and comes with a built-in battery. Check out our detailed review of the V10 for further details.
- Weight: It weighs 5.9 lbs. This lightweight and bagless vacuum makes cleaning the whole house easy.
- Dirt Capacity: It can store up to 0.20 gallons of dirt in its bin bag.
- Filtration: It can capture 99% dirt particles and expel clean air with fully sealed filtration.
- Run Time: The Dyson V10 uses a high-capacity battery and can run for 60 minutes.
- Power: Its digital motor has a powerful suction capacity of up to 130 AW. It comes with three different power modes.
- Acoustically Engineered.
- Powerful suction.
- Relatively loud in Max suction mode, and the noise made by the vacuum is relatively high-pitched relative to the sound of the V8 and V11 within Dyson’s product line.
#4 – Dyson V11
The Dyson V11 is a recent flagship by the brand and has a powerful suction capacity. Its cordless design makes it easy to clean difficult spaces. Check out our comparison of the Dyson V11, V10 and V8 for further information.
- Weight: It weighs 6.68 lbs. Therefore it’s heavier than its predecessor, the V10, but lighter than the Ryobi Stick. It is easy to move around and clean.
- Dirt Capacity: This vacuum can store 0.2 gallons of dirt.
- Filtration: Its fully-sealed filtration system can capture 99% of the dust and dirt particles.
- Run Time: It comes with a 3600 Ah battery and can run for 75 minutes.
- Power: It comes with three power modes: eco, auto, and boost.
- Longer runtime than Dyson’s earlier cordless models.
- Additional suction power for deep cleaning.
- The battery takes time to charge and cannot be swapped out for a spare.
- Trigger needs to be held.
#5 – Dyson V15 Detect
This is the most powerful stick vacuum cleaner to date. It cleans dust and debris with ease. Check out our detailed Dyson V15 review.
- Weight: It weighs 6.8 lbs. It is pretty easy to maneuver and clean.
- Dirt Capacity: The dust cup can store 0.2 gallons of dust and is easy to empty.
- Filtration: It comes with HEPA filtration and can trap 99.99% of dirt particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Run Time: The battery life can range from 15 to 60 minutes. This depends on the power mode you use.
- Power: This is Dyson’s most powerful cordless vacuum and has three power modes to choose from. It automatically senses when more power is required and adusts accordingly.
- Compact and lightweight.
- The best suction power and filtration in the Dyson cordless range.
- Laser fluffy head highlights dirt you can’t normally see.
- Battery is removable.
- Heaviest cordless in the Dyson range, but still lighter than the Ryobi stick.
- Flagship quality and performance comes with an expensive price tag.
Comparison: Dyson vs Ryobi Stick Vacuum
Power & Pickup Performance
All of the Dyson vacuums V8, V10, V11 and V15 have more powerful suction than the Ryobi.
The Ryobi stick model offers two power modes: high and low, and it does not feature a screen that indicates the remaining battery or run time.
In comparison, the Dyson models include three power modes: auto, eco, and boost. Using the auto mode in the Dyson models, you don’t have to manually change the settings when moving from carpet to hard floors while cleaning. Dyson V11 has 20% more suction capacity than V8.
The Dyson V15 has 100% more suction capacity than Dyson V8 and also comes with a laser cleaner that enables you to visualize the dust particles on your floors more easily.
Brush Roll Pickup
The Dyson vacuums have more advanced brush rolls that deliver better agitation and pickup compared to the Ryobi Stick Vacuum.
In addition, the brush rolls on all of the Dysons will not suffer from hair wrap due to their conical anti-tangle design. This was one of the reasons we rated the Dyson V15 as the best cordless vacuum for long hair. The Ryobi does not have this feature and so more vacuum maintenance will be required to remove tangled hair.
When we look at the filtration system of both brands, the Ryobi stick vacuum uses HEPA filters that are removable. It is easy to empty the dust cup by pulling out the filter or opening the bottom cap.
In comparison, the Dyson models discussed above also use a HEPA filtration process that is completely sealed, so no microscopic dust or allergens can escape during cleaning. They can capture 99.99% of 0.3 microns and above-sized dust particles.
Battery Run Time & Charge Time
The Ryobi Stick uses a 4Ah Lithium-Ion battery that can run for 45 minutes. It gets fully charged in just 2 hours, and it takes much less time to charge than the Dyson models.
The Dyson models can run up to 60 minutes when fully charged, and Dyson V8 has a run time of 45 minutes when in power mode. The Dyson models take around 4.5 hours to charge from empty.
Both Dyson and Ryobi make vacuums that offer exceptional performance and technologies. The Ryobi EverCharge Vacuum cleaner offers great features at a reasonable price, and it is quite portable, convenient, and a handy product.
But if you are looking for vacuum cleaners with advanced features and price is not an issue, then Dyson V15 is the most powerful and efficient vacuum cleaner to date. It can clean any dust particles in a single sweep and really showcases the research and innovations that Dyson invests in.
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API