Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you have Berber carpets at home as I do, you may be aware that these carpets are tough and resilient against stains. Although these carpets don’t get that dirty quickly, they still need to be cleaned regularly.
A Berber carpet has loops sewn into it. These carpets should be cleaned with extra care. Cleaning them with a steam vacuum cleaner can cause a lot of damage.
Hence, you need a canister or an upright vacuum cleaner like the ones mentioned in this article. These cleaners are perfect for cleaning a Berber carpet with utmost efficiency. Take a look!
Things You Should Consider Before Choosing a Vacuum Cleaner for Cleaning a Berber Carpet
A Berber carpet has loops that, once opened, can change the entire look of the carpet. Ideally, you should use an upright vacuum cleaner for cleaning a Berber carpet. You can also use a canister vacuum but keep the suction power at a minimum.
They won’t destroy the carpet and will loosen up and pull off dirt and dust from every nook and corner. If we compare power, canister vacuums are more powerful than upright vacuums but using a bit too much power can be dangerous for a Berber carpet. Hence, an upright would generally be safer.
If the vacuum cleaner applies more power to the Berber carpet, there is a risk of opening the loops. Vacuum cleaners that are gentler on the fabric are ideal for Berber carpets. Vacuum cleaners that don’t have a beater bar on them are best for this job.
If the beater bar can be removed then this is also suitable to clean a Berber carpet. A beater bar can open the loops on the carpet, causing it to lose its insulation and comfort.
This Miele Classic C1 Turbo vacuum cleaner was very gentle on my Berber carpets. This vacuum cleaner has a turbo brush floorhead ideal for a low-pile carpet. It has a power rating of 1200 watts.
I liked the elegant and lightweight design of this vacuum cleaner. This unique design allowed me to carry this vacuum cleaner around for cleaning carpets, upholstery, and furniture.
This vacuum cleaner has six different suction settings to offer. I suggest you use it on lower power settings while cleaning a Berber carpet. The filtration system present in this vacuum cleaner is an Air clean system. This filter keeps the air fresh and clean after vacuuming.
The best part of the Miele Classic C1 is that there is no beater bar, which makes it perfect for cleaning Berber carpets.
- Weight: 12.9 pounds
- Size: 18.2× 11×8.7 inches
- Dust capacity: 4.5 liters
- Filter: Air clean exhaust filter
- Cordless: No
- Bagless: Yes
- Warranty: It has 7 years of warranty on motor, one year on labor and parts.
- Includes: Floorhead, suction floorhead, crevice tool, dusting brush, Air clean filter, and so on.
- Form Factor: Canister vacuum cleaner
- Surface: Dual action.
- Power ratings: 1200 watts
- The dust capacity on this vacuum cleaner is 4.5 liters.
- Its Air clean filter system makes sure this vacuum cleaner keeps your air fresh.
- It offers a seven-year warranty on the motor.
- This vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning fabrics as it has different power settings.
- It has an elegant design.
- The attachment on this vacuum cleaner might not fully suit your use cases.
- You may not like the extreme suction power on this vacuum cleaner.
In my opinion, this vacuum cleaner is a great solution for cleaning a Berber carpet. It is also one of the best vacuums for high pile carpet and came out top in our reviews.
This is a sonic vacuum cleaner that works by sending sound vibrations to beat out dust particles at 200 vibrations per second. I found this feature to be perfect for loosening all the dirt and dirt stuck between the loops. It has a very soft brush roll that works superbly well for Berber carpets.
Also, my house is filled with furniture. I have tables, chairs, sofas and carpets in every room and corner. Hence I found this vacuum cleaner to be most suitable for my home. The best part is that you have the option to turn off the beater bar, which makes it perfect for my precious Berber carpets.
- Weight: 10.6 pounds
- Dust capacity: 7.5 liters
- Filter: HEPA
- Cordless/corded: corded
- Cord length: 35 feet
- Bagless/bagged: bagged
- Warranty: Five-year motor warranty. One-year parts warranty. Lifetime belt warranty.
- Includes: A dusting brush, and HEPA filter
- Form Factor: upright vacuum
- Surface: carpets
- Power ratings: 1440 watts.
- If the brush roll gets jammed, the machine intelligently shuts down by itself
- The vacuum cleaner works well with high pile carpets that have a one-inch pile or less
- It has multiple speed modes and the entire operation is digital.
- It has a lay-flat design, which makes it easy to reach places like those under your bed or tables.
- The brush roll is very soft, making it perfect for high pile carpets such as Berbers.
- It has HEPA filter bags that can clean particles as small as 0.3 microns with 99.97% efficiency.
- This vacuum cleaner does not have spinning brushes.
- It may be difficult to get replacement parts for the vacuum.
I found the motor in this complete vacuum cleaner to be very powerful. It operates on an input of 1200 watts. The HEPA filter in this vacuum cleaner traps the germs and bacteria in the vacuum, releasing cleaner air. I also found this vacuum cleaner to be very quiet while operating.
This vacuum cleaner is among the best vacuum cleaners for Berber carpets as the brush and nozzle on this cleaner are gentle on the carpet. Even though this vacuum cleaner has 1200 watts of power, it still is pretty lightweight to operate. I also got a powerhead attachment with this vacuum cleaner for transitioning quickly to different surfaces.
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Size: 23× 15× 16 inches
- Dust capacity:
- Filter: HEPA filter
- Cordless: No
- Bagless: Yes
- Warranty: Not mentioned
- Includes: Nozzle, filter, crevice tool, and brush.
- Form Factor: Canister vacuum cleaner.
- Surface: Fabrics and hard flooring
- Power ratings: 1200 watts
- This vacuum cleaner has a vortex motor, producing high suction power.
- This vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter, and this air filter claims to eradicate 99.97% of harmful components from the air.
- This vacuum cleaner offers several attachments to make this vacuum cleaner suitable for different surfaces.
- The brush and bristle of this vacuum cleaner are gentle on Berber and low-pile carpets.
- This vacuum cleaner floorhead can also rotate 90 degrees.
- Some users have complained about the customer service offered for this vacuum by Miele.
- It is not a cordless design.
Berber carpets come under the category of premium carpets. You should either buy a canister vacuum cleaner or an upright cleaner for cleaning such fabrics as there is no risk of burning the material as there is with a steam cleaner.
Miele Classic C1 is the perfect choice if you are looking for the most efficient cleaner. It cleans every corner of the carpet without damaging it. The Soniclean comes with soft brushes and ensures to lose dirt from every loop of a Berber carpet. Finally, the Miele C3 is most suitable if you have dust allergies as its HEPA filter is very efficient in cleaning the carpet and sucking every dust particle.
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API