Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Continuing on from our review of the Best Vacuums Under $300, we're cutting costs to bring you the best vacuums for under $200 in 2019. This review is the second in our 3 part series and we will drop the cost by a further $100 for the final instalment.
Sometimes the hassle in cleaning is not the act in itself, but the equipment you use. Using an old, rundown vacuum can eliminate your productivity. That is why it’s important to do your homework on a vacuum before you commit to making a purchase.
These vacuums all have the reputation for performing well without breaking the bank. You might be surprised that you can get a well-known brand like Shark for under $200, but it’s certainly possible. Think about what specific problems you have while cleaning and determine whether or not these popular products can provide a solution.
We've picked out the best canister, upright and cordless stick vacuums you can get for under $200 so there's something to suit all tastes and needs.
1. Best Canister Vacuum Under $200 - ELECTROLUX EL4335B CORDED ULTRA FLEX CANISTER VACUUM
The Electrolux Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum is designed to clean even the most delicate of surfaces. Since the suction power is adaptable, you can remove debris from curtains and plush carpets in your home without worrying about damage. We really like the Ultra Flex and it has featured in our Top 5 Canister Vacuums since it was first released in 2015.
This vacuum is corded, which means you won’t have to worry about losing battery power halfway through cleaning. It also comes with three attachments to give you an optimal cleaning experience: the upholstery tool, the crevice tool, and the dusting brush.
Although we usually recommend canister vacuums for homes with mainly hard floors, the Ultra Flex excels on carpets, even high pile plush carpets. The carpet attachment has multiple height options so you can adjust the tool as you go. You can also switch the brush roll on/off with the flick of a switch.
Thanks to the size and style of this vacuum, cleaning your stairs or getting underneath of tables and chairs isn’t a hassle. It is a smart choice for pet owners or people with allergies, seasonal or perineal. The primary complain about this vacuum is the reach is a little short and the cost of replacement filters. However, there are several benefits to this model that make it a valuable purchase – especially for the price.
2. Best Upright Vacuum Under $200 - Hoover Vacuum Cleaner WindTunnel 3 High Performance Pet UH72630PC
If you are an animal lover or a pet owner, you will love this vacuum by Hoover. It is currently being called the company’s “best cleaning bagless upright vacuum.”
- Power switch conveniently located on the vacuum’s handle
- Three sources of suction to achieve ultimate debris removal
- Filter designed with a carbon layer to absorb bad odors and HEPA technology
- Long power cord to expand your reach and minimize your hassle (40 ft.)
- “QuickPass” brushroll allows you to clean twice as fast
- Will clean carpet and hardwood (turn the brushroll on/off easily)
- Ultimate Windtunnel with 13 cyclones to remove dust and dirt from the air
- Large canister makes the removal process less frequent
- There is a light, but it’s not LED
- Cord is long but not retractable
- Heavier than similar products in the market
- Minimal attachments included
This vacuum is equipped with many attractive features, making it an ideal choice for someone in a cost-friendly mindset. It is a strong option for someone who is worried about air quality, allergies, or animal shedding. It doesn’t just clean your home – it makes each room smell better too.
There are several different vacuums in the Hoover Windtunnel series ranging from $75-$150. This particular vacuum is the newest model and may be rated differently than the rest.
3. Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $200 - Shark ION Rocket Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum, IR70
The last vacuum up for consideration is the Shark ION Rocket Ultra Light. This particular model (the IR70) is rated higher than other vacuums in the series.
At the time of purchase, you receive the vacuum, one lithium-ion battery, a battery charger, and two additional cleaning accessories.
- Lithium-ion batteries are removable and rechargeable – no hassle of a cord
- Converts into a handheld device for multipurpose cleaning – use it in your car, on the stairs, and on edges around the house
- Lightweight design makes it easy to push and transport (11 lbs.)
- Accessory galore – 8" crevice tool and pet multi tool*
- Extension wand to reach from the floor to the ceiling
- Flexible motor head to turn into tight spaces as needed
- Bagless with easy dust cup removal
- Light meter on the handle indicates how much power is left
- Picks up tough pet hair on multiples surfaces
*This vacuum is compatible with several useful tools, though they might have to be purchased separately depending on the version you purchase
- Battery life lasts under 30 minutes
- Does not come with a spare battery – sold separately
- Vacuum is not freestanding – must be mounted or propped
- Sensitive “clogging” feature may cause vacuum to stop prematurely
- Limited dust cup capacity requires dumping more frequently (0.3 dry quarts max)
This vacuum is user-friendly for first-time owners. If you want to switch from a bare surface to a carpet, the switch is located on the handle for your convenience. You will find the power settings in the same location. If you are doing light cleaning that doesn’t require a lot of work on the vacuum’s end, make sure you stay on Extended Runtime to conserve battery power. If you’re doing a deep cleaning or need to address a mess quickly, switch over to Max Power Mode.
The extension wand comes included with the vacuum and is easily accessible at any time. Step on the foot petal located near the bottom of the vacuum to release it from its holder. From there, you will need to attach the accessory you would like to clean with to the end of the wand.
This Shark is an upright model, meaning that it will perform better on carpeted areas. If you’re impressed with its features and want to give it a try, it is highly recommended that you purchase a spare battery.
What works for you?
Each one of these vacuums has pros and cons, so the decision will come down to personal preference. Consider what extra costs will come with each product, like attachments or vacuum bags. Use the flooring in your home to determine whether an upright or canister vacuum will better suit your lifestyle. Additionally, think about how much space is in your home and whether or not a cordless vacuum is a feasible option for you.
Last update on 2020-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API