Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Bed Bugs can be tough to deal with. They can cause you a lot of trouble and pain if you don’t deal with them appropriately. Bed bugs are not good for the body from a safety and hygiene perspective.
I was struggling to remove bed bugs from my own mattress. I tried everything that I could. I even used a regular vacuum cleaner to try to remove them, but it was also not efficient enough to remove them all. After trying and testing almost all the types of vacuum cleaners in the market I had the most success with a steam cleaner.
A steam cleaner is pretty effective in removing bed bugs from your room. An ideal steam cleaner can kill these bugs and their eggs hidden inside, underneath, or on the bed. The heat from a steam cleaner kills these bugs and prevents them from further infestation.
I have carefully reviewed three of the best steam cleaners for removing bed bugs. If you are also in need of one, take a look! But before that, you will want to need to consider some things before buying such a cleaner.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Cleaner for Bed Bugs
The steam cleaners that you choose for removing bed bugs should produce enough heat so that these bugs either die or leave your bed. If your steam cleaner produces minimal steam, you will not be able to clean and sanitize stuff properly. Any steam cleaner that produces heat around 220°F is good for removing bugs. I have selected only those steam cleaners here that operate at this temperature. This temperature is more than hot enough as expert advice is that bed bugs won’t survive above 140°F.
Similar to heat, you should also look for a steam cleaner that produces high-intensity heat with more pressure. If your steam cleaner is not producing enough pressure, then you will not be able to remove bugs and insects from the deep corners of your house.
The water holding capacity on your steam cleaner should also be higher so that you don’t have to fill the water tank again and again. If you select a steam cleaner with less water, you won’t be able to clean anything efficiently. Any steam cleaner that has a capacity to hold almost 300 to 500 mL of water is ideal for cleaning the bed for almost half an hour of runtime, which is sufficient time to kill bed bugs.
This steam vacuum cleaner is the perfect solution for getting rid of bed bugs as this steam cleaner produces powerful steam. There is no need to use other chemicals to remove bed bugs with this cleaner. I found this steam cleaner to be effective on surfaces and fabrics.
I could clean my bed with this steam cleaner daily and then leave my bed fresh and tidy for work. This steam cleaner is not just useful for beds; I could also steam clean my garments and other stuff with it. I found this steam cleaner to be very quick and fast as the steam prepares in just thirty seconds. I could store about 340 mL of water in this steam cleaner for creating the steam. The bed bugs and other insects die quickly with the hot steam from this steam cleaner.
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Form factor: upright Steam vacuum cleaner
- Water capacity: 340 mL
- Heat: 220°F
- Batteries: No
- Warranty: 1 year
- Time: 30 seconds to ready
- Filtration: Does not use a filter
- Power: 1550 Watts
- Included attachments: window squeeze, nozzle, cleaning pads and brushes.
- Cord length: 14 ft 9 inches
- Bagless: Yes
- This steam cleaner produces powerful steam.
- It also has a decent water storage capacity.
- It also has additional features that protect children and pets from harming themselves.
- This steam cleaner creates steam in just 30 seconds, hence easing and quickening the cleaning process.
- It works in different settings depending upon the application.
- It comes with a 10-in-1 steam mop, using which you can clean any corner of the house easily.
- Suitable for cleaning the bed, floor, carpet, curtain, tiles, upholstery, and more.
- It uses tap water and needs no detergent to remove tough stains, dirt, dust and most importantly bed bugs.
- Its surface scrubber gently scrubs the bed or any surface to clean efficiently.
- It comes with three steam controller adjustable modes, so you can set the steam as required.
- Some users have complained regarding a water leakage problem. However, I did not have any such problem.
- It is suitable for smaller rooms only.
This Bissell Power Steam Cleaner is another effective solution to fighting bed bugs. This steam cleaner claims to naturally eliminate 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with steam. I did not need to use any chemicals with this steam cleaner.
I liked the scrubber on this steam cleaner as it was able to tip remove all though and sticky stains from clothing and surfaces. This scrubber has a unique flip-down design. I could also choose between three different settings on this steam cleaner. These settings are responsible for maintaining the intensity of the steam from the cleaner.
Like me, if you have more bed bugs, then use this steam cleaner on high intensity to get rid of them permanently. This steam cleaner also can swivel while a person steers it for a more comfortable and efficient user experience.
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Form factor: upright Steam cleaner
- Water capacity: 12 oz
- Heat: 220°F
- Batteries: No
- Warranty: 2-year warranty
- Surface type: Fabric and hard flooring
- Power rating: 1500 watts
- Bagless: Yes
- Cord length: 23 feet
- Includes: Easy scrubber, fragrance disc and soft mop pad.
- Filter: No filter
- This steam cleaner has an easy scrubber for removing tough stains.
- It has a water storing capacity of 12 oz.
- It is suitable for cleaning bed sheets, fabric, and flooring.
- It can swivel across the room with its unique design.
- It captures and cleans 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- It comes with a digital steam control where you can set the steam to high, medium, or low as per your requirements.
- You can insert the spring breeze fragrance disc in the mop for a scented cleaning effect.
- Its low-profile mop head can clean every corner of the house without any issue.
- It is not very suitable for cleaning high pile carpets.
- According to some users, the build quality of this steam cleaner might be a bit weak.
This Moolan steam cleaner is a very good bet for removing bed bugs from your home as this cleaner has a powerful steam output that gets the water ready in just 15 seconds. In my experience, this feature helps the user to save a lot of time while cleaning.
I could also remove all the germs stored on the bed and in my home with the high-standard HEPA filtration system. This system cleans 99.9% of germs in the air and provides fresher air. I could cover my entire bed and room with this steam cleaner at a time, and this cleaner has a water storing capacity of 450 mL. The body of this steam cleaner is made of stainless steel, making it safe for me to clean this vacuum regularly.
- Weight:16.87 pounds
- Form factor: Upright Steam cleaner
- Water capacity: 450 mL
- Batteries: No
- Warranty: Not available
- Time: 15 seconds
- Power ratings: 1500 Watts.
- Dust capacity: 1 liter
- Bagless: Yes
- Includes: Mop filter, carpet glider, washable pad.
- This steam cleaner saves your time cleaning.
- It has a HEPA filtration system that ensures that there remain no bed bugs after you have used it properly.
- I could clean this vacuum efficiently due to its body.
- It has a larger water tank in comparison to other steam cleaners hence offering more cleaning time and covers larger spaces.
- This steam vacuum cleaner can store up to one liter of dust in its bag.
- It offers easy switching between 3 cleaning modes for a better cleaning experience.
- It is perfect for all surfaces including carpets, hardwood, and tiles and can clean hair, dirt, debris, and more.
- It comes with multiple filters and hence there are minimal chances of water clogging.
- I faced some issues in using it initially, but after a small learning curve, it has become easy to operate.
Steam cleaners are ideal solutions for eradicating bed bugs from your bed and home. These bugs are sensitive to heat and pressure, and an ideal steam cleaner provides you with both these things together.
If you wish to clean a larger area after cleaning your bed, you might want to consider the Moolan steam vacuum cleaner. This is because it has a larger water tank capacity than any of its counterparts on the list.
If you are looking for a steam vacuum cleaner that can clean every nook and corner of the house, then go for a Bissell steam vacuum cleaner. I could swivel it easily across all the types of surfaces.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option then you can go for a Pursteam vacuum cleaner. It has great features and is very efficient in removing bed bugs; in addition, all this comes at a very reasonable price point.
Last update on 2024-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API