Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The Miele Triflex cordless vacuum was launched in July 2020 as the brand’s first cordless stick vacuum series.
When the Triflex was first launched, Miele’s president and CEO Jan Heck raved about how the TriFlex HX1 was their first stick vacuum without cords and served as a new flagship line in their product offerings.
What makes this cordless stick vacuum series special is its three-in-one design that allows for shifting the main dust collector (dustbin) so that it is either connected directly to the floorhead or at the end of the stick and adjacent to the handle; this feature helps you adjust the weight of the vacuum according to your preference. The names of the three adjustable designs are as follows:
- Reach Mode: Dustbin at the end of the stick and near the handle.
- Comfort Mode: Dustbin right above the floorhead.
- Compact Mode: Only dustbin with handle and smallmouth extension(without floorhead).
The HX1 series by Miele has given tough competition to the popular Dyson V11 series. We discuss this new flagship series of cordless stick vacuums in our Miele Triflex HX1 Review.
- Adjustable 3-in-1 design for convenience.
- The Triflex HX1 gives higher power in its low power mode compared to the Dyson V11.
- It has an LED floorhead in the HX1 cats and dogs and HX1 pro models to help illuminate the dust/hair in low light or under the furniture.
- Run time is 60 minutes on low power mode and approximately 30 minutes on high power mode, longer than the Dyson V11.
- Pretty affordable for cordless vacuums, starting at $499.
- The dustbin is a little tricky to open, and cleaning requires four steps to open.
- The floorhead cannot collect big pieces like cereals, and the brushes are not tangle-free.
Miele Triflex – Unboxing
Check out this unboxing of the Miele Triflex from the Official Miele Youtube site. This shows you exactly what you get in the box with this Miele cordless vacuum.
- Cordless 3-in-1 design for convenience.
- Powerful suction with an electro brush.
- Ultrafine HEPA filters in the dustbin to remove fine particles and allergens.
- 11-inch wide floorhead to clean fast in less time.
- Rechargeable and replaceable battery.
- It takes four hours to fully recharge.
Buyer’s Guide: Miele Triflex Vacuums
- If you are looking for a cordless and upright vacuum that also comes in your budget, Triflex vacuums are a great new option. Unlike most stick vacuums, the stick stays upright on the head, and you no longer have to worry about dealing with other chores while vacuuming because it can stand on its own. You don’t have to worry about the floorings and carpets in your house, as it is versatile with all kinds of floors.
- Some other little but convenient features to focus on are the start button and the noise it makes. HX1 has a slide button to start the vacuuming, unlike the Dyson V11, where you will have to push and hold the button the whole time. For the noise factor, it is only up to 70dB, which means that your pets will be less troubled by the noise of vacuuming.
- If you have some issues with your wrist and cannot handle heavy vacuums, then this is not the best option as it weighs 8.81 lbs. If your home has pets and it’s shedding season, or your home collects a lot of dust due to the environment, note that the bin capacity is only 0.5L.
Features and Benefits: Miele Triflex Vacuums
#1. Powerful Battery
The battery is a Li-ion battery that provides powerful suction of 47 CFM in high power mode and 37 CFM in low power mode. This low power mode is stronger compared to the Dyson V11.
#2. 3-in-1 design
This is the key feature of this series of vacuums; you can use the Compact Mode for cleaning tables and corners. There is a Reach Mode for reaching corners and standing up straight while vacuuming. You have the Comfort Mode where the weight of the vacuum is channelized at the end and hence won’t be difficult on your wrist. This mode also increases the power of the suction due to the weight at the head. The hanging bracket is also very convenient to use with hangers for all the pieces and chargers.
Watch this video from their to learn how to set up the wall mounting brackets.
#3. Rechargeable batteries
The HX1 pro model comes with an extra rechargeable battery that is easily replaceable and increases the life of the vacuum to 120 minutes. Here is the video from their to learn how to replace batteries.
The battery’s run time differs depending on the Mode you are using the vacuum with, ranging from 17-60 minutes.
#4. HEPA filters dustbin
The dustbin is equipped with an ultra-fine HEPA filter that will trap all the microparticles and allergens and keep you protected from allergies. The dustbin is interestingly designed, and you can easily twist the lid, remove all the parts, and clean even the filters by yourself.
Here is the video on how to clean the filters from their official Youtube channel:
Alternatives: Miele Triflex Vacuums
#1. Dyson V11 torque drive
- The head has a larger opening to collect bigger bits of dust.
- The vacuum is suitable for all floor kinds.
#2. Dyson V11 Animal
- Specifically designed for pet owners.
- A lot noisier than Triflex HX1, and hence your pet might not like it.
To learn more about how the Dyson V11 compares to the Miele Triflex HX1 check out our Miele vs Dyson Review.
- Performance: 4/5
- Noise: 5/5
- Comfort and convenience: 5/5
- Design: 5/5
- Dustbin capacity: 2/5
That concludes our Miele Triflex HX1 Review, with every detail you need to consider before investing $499 in this new cordless stick vacuum. We also compared it with its competitor, the Dyson V11, and we conclude that Triflex HX1 is a step up from the Dyson V11 in some aspects, though one would be happy with either of these flagship stick vacuums. Regardless, the cordless stick vacuum market has become really interesting and more exciting with new entrants like Miele, and we are looking forward to seeing what other new innovations come next with the growing competition.
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API