Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Roomba and Samsung are both leading names in the world of robotic vacuum cleaners. While the Roomba has a long history in household cleaning, Samsung is relatively new to this field but has tremendous overall experience in quality household appliances.
With advancements in technology, both companies have grown and produced several products that clean, vacuum, collect, and even discard the dust, which requires little to no human interference.
With both the companies launching new products every year, it can become confusing which ones to choose. The similarities between some of their products make the task of selecting between the two even more daunting.
This article will compare the several products from these two brands based on their similarities in specifications.
- Roomba S9+ vs Samsung R7260
- Roomba i7 vs Samsung R7040
- Roomba i7+ vs Samsung R7065
Roomba S9+ Vs Samsung R7260
|Model||iRobot Roomba S9+||Samsung R7260|
|Type of filtration(HEPA or non HEPA)||2 HEPA filters||Non HEPA|
|Power (watt)||40 times the 600 series||3600W|
|Noise Level (dB)||65-75||78|
|Included tools and attachments||1 Clean base Automatic Dirt Disposal2 Dirt disposal bags1 North American Line Cord1 extra high-efficiency filter1 extra corner brush||Magnetic Boundary TapeExtra Filter|
|Run Time (mins)||120||90|
|Battery||3300mAh||21.6V Lithium-Ion battery|
Roomba S9+ Robot Vacuum
The Roomba S9+ is the most powerful and smart robot vacuum from the iRobot. This vacuum robot has automatic dirt disposal, which allows you to forget about vacuuming for months. It enables the S9+ empty itself for up to 60 days.
As compared to previous models like the 600 series, the S9+ has forty times the suction power. With its three-stage cleaning, it lifts, loosens, and sucks up pet hairs and debris from your carpet efficiently.
With the smart vSLAM navigation, the S9+ captures over 230400 data points every second for mapping and cleaning an entire level of your home. The smart imprint mapping lets the vacuum cleaner differentiate between two different areas. It also enables the users to tell the S9+ to clean a particular area.
- It features automatic dirt disposal, which frees the user from emptying up the dirt collector. The S9+ empties itself and can do so for 60 days.
- It has 40 times better suction power than the previous versions, like the Roomba 600 series
- Includes a specially designed corner brush that helps clean deep in the corners and along the edges. With dual rubber brushes, it is ideal for having pets at home. The wider brushes don’t get tangled with pet hairs.
- vSLAM navigation allows the S9+ to map your entire house and build personal maps smartly. This allows the vacuum cleaner to clean efficiently.
- The smart technology of the S9+ learns from your cleaning routines and offers a customized schedule. In the case of the extra pollen count and pet shedding, it also suggests extra cleaning.
- With Imprint smart mapping, the S9+ differentiates between different sections of the house. It helps clean specific areas.
- It can avoid certain areas and objects by setting up keep-out zones.
- The S9+ features a power boost technology. For cleaning carpets, it automatically increases its suction power to clean deeper.
- In case of low battery, the S9+ recharges itself and then resumes cleaning from where it left off.
- The S9+ is expensive, and while the features make up for the cost, it is still costly compared to other models.
- It requires some assembly at first, which might be difficult for some people.
- The battery performance is less than satisfactory. For cleaning a larger space, it would need to recharge multiple times. However, it is capable of recharging itself.
- The smart mapping sometimes maps the same room twice and thus cleans the same space twice.
- It makes a bit of noise while cleaning.
Samsung R7260 Robot Vacuum
The Samsung R7260 is a great choice if you have pets at home. It automatically detangles and removes pet hairs with its self-clean smooth action brush.
It offers forty times more powerful cleaning as compared to the previous models like powerbot VR7000.
With an innovative rubber blade, it is possible to clean corners and along the edges efficiently. The rubber blade extends out and cleans the dirt from the edges and corners.
The visionary mapping with an onboard camera and advanced sensors creates a house map and cuts down on the cleaning time. In addition, the coverage map shows the area which has been cleaned.
The WiFi connectivity allows you to control it remotely with your smartphone. One of the best things about this vacuum cleaner is that it can detect the surface types and increase or decrease the suction power accordingly.
- It features a self-clean soft action brush, leading to less dust and pet hair clogging up the brush. It detangles and removes any pet hair that got stuck to the brush while cleaning.
- The innovative rubber blade design doesn’t miss any corners or edges. It extends and cleans hard-to-reach areas.
- With visionary mapping technology, R7260 maps and creates the ideal cleaning path inside the house. This helps cut down the cleaning time efficiently.
- With a FullView sensor, this powerbot scans the area in front efficiently and avoids crashing into any object.
- You can remotely control the vacuum cleaner with the help of your smartphone or voice-enabled devices like Alexa.
- It can detect the surface type and automatically increase or decrease the suction power.
- While it works okay on low pile carpet, it struggles with high pile carpet and doesn’t clean well.
- The dirt compartment is small, and for larger homes, it would need frequent emptying up.
- The battery doesn’t last much longer than the S9+ and requires recharging for vacuuming a large space.
Roomba S9+ Vs. Samsung R7260: Which Is Better?
The first and the most important difference between the Roomba S9+ and Samsung R7260 is the price. The S9+ is $600 costlier than the R7260. The features like smart navigation, creating separate zones, and enhanced suction power are similar in the S9+ and R7260.
The only significant element that an S9+ offers better than the R7260 would be the self dust disposal for up to 60 days. Unless you are too busy or unavailable to empty the dust collector, there is likely not a reasonable justification to spend $600 for mostly the same features.
Roomba i7 Vs. Samsung R7040
|Model||iRobot Roomba i7||Samsung R7040|
|Dirt/Dust Capacity(L)||13 oz||0.3L|
|Type of filtration||Non HEPA||Non HEPA|
|Power (watt)||10X of 600 series||20X more than conventional robots|
|Noise Level (dB)||~60||68|
|Included tools and attachments||1 North American Line Cord1 Home Base® Charging Station1 Extra High-Efficiency Filter1 Extra Side Brush|
|Run Time (mins)||180||60|
|Number of Batteries||1800 mAH Li-Ion, DC14.4V||21.6V Lithium Ion battery|
Roomba i7 Robot Vacuum
The Roomba i7 is a great vacuum cleaner with a relatively low cost compared to other high-end vacuum cleaners with similar features.
With a three-stage cleaning system, it removes stubborn dirt and debris. The suction power of the i7 is ten times more than the older models like the Roomba 600 series. It allows the vacuum to clean difficult areas like a carpet more efficiently.
The vSLAM navigation feature allows intelligent mapping and cleaning of an entire level. It maps a house and navigates in rows to leave clean and neat floors behind.
It can also differentiate between different spaces, and thus you can direct towards a specific place like in front of the couch or under the table.
The Roomba i7 is perfect for homes with pets with its dual multi-surface rubber brushes. The pet hairs don’t get tangled in the brushes.
In our recent Roomba i3 versus i7 Review we found the i7 to be more suited to larger homes. So if you have a smaller dwelling and have decided a Roomba is for you we would recommend the i3 as it is much cheaper.
- It has a three-stage cleaning system, which cleans even stubborn dirt, and the ten times more suction power sucks in debris better.
- vSLAM navigation maps the layout of the house and creates virtual maps, and cleans and navigates neatly.
- If the battery is low, the i7 recharges and resumes cleaning where it left off on its own.
- You can control it with google home and Alexa remotely.
- Smart mapping can differentiate between areas of your house and can do customized cleaning.
- With keep-out zones, it can steer clear of certain areas and objects.
- The battery doesn’t last long and needs recharging many times for cleaning large homes.
- Dirt collector is small and may need emptying for larger homes.
Samsung R7040 Robot Vacuum
The Samsung R7040 vacuum cleaner design offers twenty times more powerful cleaning in comparison to conventional robot cleaners.
It has a smart mapping technology called Visionary Mapping Plus, which cleans the whole house neatly and efficiently. The FullView sensor allows the vacuum cleaner to move inside a house while avoiding any obstacles. You don’t need a remote control to manage the cleaner. With WiFi connectivity, you can control The R7040 remotely using the SmartThings app on your smartphone or any voice-enabled device like Alexa or even Google Assistant.
It also features EasyPass wheels, allowing the cleaner to move over any obstacles like carpet or door frames easily.
The R7040 can differentiate between different floor types and increase or decrease the suction power accordingly. In case of a low battery, the R7040 returns to the docking station to recharge and then again starts off cleaning from where it left off.
- It has an intelligent power control system that is energy efficient. It allows the R7040 to increase or decrease suction power and thus better manage the battery.
- With smart navigation, the R7040 maps the entire house and cleans it neatly and properly while avoiding obstacles.
- If the battery becomes low, the R7040 automatically recharges itself by connecting itself to the charging station and then cleaning.
- It is very easy to maintain and cost-effective with a washable filter.
- You can not schedule it for specific days. It can work on an everyday or monthly basis.
- Battery life is not very long, though once again, it can recharge itself.
- WiFi features are imperfect.
- It doesn’t work too well on the carpet.
Roomba i7 Vs. Samsung R7040: Which Is Better?
The price difference between the Roomba i7 and Samsung R7040 is $100. The Roomba offers slightly better features than the R7040 at this slightly higher cost.
One of the better features that you get with the i7 is that it can differentiate between different spaces in your house, and you can direct it towards a specific area that needs immediate cleaning. The R7040 doesn’t have any such feature.
You also can make specific keep-out zones with the i7, and it won’t go in that specific area, and it also works much better on carpets and with pet hairs than the R7040.
For just $100 more, the Roomba i7 would be considered a better choice than the Samsung R7040 by a reasonable margin.
Roomba i7+ Vs. Samsung R7065
|Model||iRobot Roomba I7+||Samsung R7065|
|Type of filtration(HEPA or non HEPA)||2 HEPA filters||Non HEPA|
|Bagged or Bagless?||Bagless||Bagless|
|Noise Level (dB)||70|
|Included tools and attachments||1Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal2 Dirt Disposal Bags1 North American Line Cord1 Extra high-efficiency filter1 Extra Side brush||Magnetic Boundary Tape|
|Cord Length (if applicable)||NA||NA|
|Run Time (mins)||75||30|
|Number of Batteries||1800mAh||21.6V Lithium Ion battery|
Roomba i7+ Robot Vacuum
The Roomba i7+ is an advanced model of the i7. The only difference between the two is that the i7+ comes with the iRobot Clean Base®, a dirt disposal feature that allows the vacuum cleaner to empty up its dust collector while cleaning the house automatically. The automatic dirt disposal allows you freedom from cleaning up the dust for up to 60 days.
It offers deep cleaning with ten times more suction power as compared to the Roomba 600 models. The dual multi-surface rubber brushes clean up dirt debris and pet hairs efficiently, and the sweeping edge brush cleans the hard-to-reach corners and along the edges.
The i7+ intelligently maps the entire level of a house with the vSLAM navigation feature. After mapping, the vacuum cleaner moves in neat rows to clean the whole area effectively.
If you need any particular space to be cleaned, you can direct the i7+ towards the specific area. As a result of its artificial intelligence, it remembers your kitchen from your bedroom and easily differentiates between them.
You can set up keep-out zones, and the i7+ will not approach those areas. This helps protect valuable items from being accidentally knocked or to keep your pets away from the machine.
- Clean Base allows you to be free from the dirt disposal duty for up to two months.
- You can customize the i7+ to clean any particular area if it becomes messy.
- Includes advanced features which let you access any advancements in the coming future.
- It maps your whole house and cleans a level in neat rows to avoid leaving any space dirty.
- It offers ten times more suction power than Roomba 600 series.
- You can easily control it with voice-enabled devices.
- In case of valuable items or any other reason, you can set up a keep-out zone, and the cleaner will stay out of it.
- It recharges itself without human interface and resumes cleaning from the place where it left off in case of low battery.
- It is costly.
- It has louder noise while operating.
- Battery runtime is low.
Samsung R7065 Robot Vacuum
The Samsung R7065 is advertised as offering over forty times more suction power than traditional robot vacuum cleaners.
Furthermore, the innovative rubber blade design cleans the tough corners and along the edges efficiently.
Visionary Mapping Plus and FullView sensor allows better mapping of your house and avoids any obstacle while cleaning the house.
Controlling this vacuum cleaner is easy with WiFi connectivity. You can remotely control it with your smartphone or any voice-enabled device like Alexa and google assistant.
In addition, the EasyPass wheels move over any obstacles with ease, and thus navigating around your whole house is easy for this vacuum cleaner.
- It navigates around the house well and senses any obstacle in front of it to avoid crashing.
- Includes a side brush that extends when it detects a wall or a corner for much better cleaning.
- It has WiFi connectivity, which lets you control the cleaner with your smartphone.
- It has a smaller dustbin.
- Doesn’t work well with rugs.
- It doesn’t have a HEPA filter.
Roomba i7+ vs Samsung R7065: Which Is Better?
The main difference between the Roomba i7+ and Samsung R7065 is the price factor. The i7+ is $240 more than the R7065.
At a higher price, the i7+ certainly offers more features than the R7065. It comes with a Dirt Base technology which allows you the freedom from the cleaning of dirt collectors for up to two months. You can also direct the i7+ towards a specific area, like in front of the couch, if it needs immediate cleaning, which you can not do with the R7065.
If you don’t mind spending $260 more, then the Roomba i7+ would be the best option with the automatic dirt disposal. The i7+ also offers better house mapping and works better on carpets.
All the robot vacuum cleaners by Roomba and Samsung that we have listed today are of excellent quality and work well. If money is not an issue, then the Roomba S9+ offers the optimum performance from this selection. However, if you would like to get the cleaning done and don’t mind the extra work of cleaning the dust collector every day, then the Roomba i7 would be an excellent choice with its low price point.
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API