Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Dyson is one of the most reputable vacuum brands and is known for making premium quality, easy-to-use cleaning tools. Though Dyson models may be expensive, they deliver great suction power, making cleaning easy on any type of floor.
There are different types of Dyson vacuums available, and these include full-size upright models, cordless stick vacuums, and others. They also offer great customer service worldwide.
The Dyson Omni-glide is their newly launched and most powerful vacuum cleaner. The Dyson Omni-glide is suitable to clean any hard floors and is more compact and lightweight than other models. On the other hand, the Dyson V15 is another recent model that is highly versatile and offers exceptional cleaning performance on floors and carpets.
In this article, let us look at both of these vacuums, including their differences and similarities. We will also compare Dyson stick models with their full-size upright models.
#1 – Dyson V15
The Dyson V15 is one of the most versatile and powerful vacuum cleaners. It delivers exceptional performance and is great for cleaning any type of floorings and carpets. The Dyson V15 is extremely lightweight and easy to move, and it comes with different tools and accessories for cleaning. Its innovative laser technology cleans all invisible dust with ease. Overall, it has great features with powerful suction capacity and technology that makes cleaning easy.
- Weight. It weighs just 6.9 lbs. It is a bit heavier than its previous models but is easy to hold and use. It is quite a portable vacuum cleaner. The carrying handle makes it easy to lift and move while cleaning.
- Dirt Capacity. The dirt bin of the Dyson V15 is attached to the main body. You can dispose of the dirt by just pressing the release button. For this, you will have to remove the wand or unlatch the main body. It can store 0.20 gallons of dirt in its bin bag. If you clean the large space, you may have to empty the bin frequently.
- Filtration. The Dyson V15 uses a reusable HEPA filter. Its five-stage filtration process can trap 99% of dirt particles as small as 0.3 microns. The filter is placed at the top of the cleaner, and you can easily remove it by twisting it. It is advised to wash the filter under cold water once a month or whenever you find the filter has become dirty.
- Power. The V15 comes with three power modes: Auto, Eco and Boost. When you use the vacuum in eco mode, it will run for a longer time but will have a lower suction power of just 26 AW, and when you use it in boost mode, it will run at 230 AW and clean at max power. Though the battery will drain more quickly in boost mode. In auto mode, it delivers 47 AW power. In auto mode, the vacuum automatically adjusts the power as per the type and amount of dust detected.
- Run Time. The Dyson V15 can run for 60 minutes in low power mode when fully charged. Usually, the run time will depend on the power mode, the dust level, and the tools that you use. In auto mode, it can run for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Noise Level. The vacuum operates at 71 dB to 76 dB, depending on the power mode. As a result it is one of the quietest cordless vacuum cleaners you can get.
- Tools Included. This vacuum comes with a lot of tools and accessories. It includes a high-torque cleaner head, laser slim cleaner head, hair anti-tangle tool, wand clip, charger, and brush roll.
- Warranty. It comes with a 2-year warranty period.
- It has a higher suction capacity (230 AW) in boost mode than any cordless vacuum cleaner.
- It comes with a lot of attachments and accessories that include a high torque head, brush rolls, and kit and makes cleaning the floor easy.
- Its laser sensor technology cleans fine dirt particles and cleans the floor thoroughly.
- It is easy to remove long hair as well as pet hairs.
- The vacuum automatically adjusts the settings depending on the type of dirt and debris and can adjust to different floor heights.
- Some users find the vacuum needs a lot of maintenance.
- It is a large $$ investment for a vacuum.
#2 – Dyson Omni-Glide
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner to clean hard floors, the Dyson Omni-glide is the best option. The Dyson Omni-glide is the slimmest and easy to move vacuum cleaner for hard floors. Its unique roller head can move in any direction easily and makes cleaning hard floors easy. With its articulating neck head, it can lay flat on the flooring, making it easy to clean under furniture.
- Weight. This vacuum weighs only 4 lbs. It is one of the lightest, most compact, and most powerful vacuum cleaners. Its slim and slender design makes it easily fit in any narrow space. This means you can lay it flat under the sofa or low-height furniture.
- Dirt Capacity. The Omni-glide vacuum can store 0.2 liters of dust. Its bin capacity is slightly small. When you want to empty the bin, you must first remove the wand. Press the red button to open the dirt compartment and dispose of the dust. You can even remove the bin completely and clean it with a damp cloth.
- Filtration. It uses HEPA filters. It is placed near the exhaust, and you can remove it by twisting the head. It is advised to clean the filter once a month. Its five-stage filtration process can capture 99.99% of the dirt particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Power. It comes with two power levels – Eco and Boost. Max suction power is 50AW. This small vacuum has a powerful suction capacity to capture all the dirt particles around the house. The motor spins up at 105,000 RPM to generate powerful suction for cleaning.
- Run Time. This vacuum uses four lithium-ion click-in batteries to run for 20 minutes on low power when fully charged. It runs for around 16 to 18 minutes when used at maximum power.
- Noise Level. It operates at a range of 71 to 75 dB.
- Tools Included. It comes with a multi-directional soft roller, crevice tool with a brush and nozzle, mini-motorized tool, dock station, and charger.
- Warranty. It comes with a two-year warranty period.
- The Dyson Ominglide is much cheaper than the Dyson V15.
- Very Lightweight Cordless Design – this is the lightest cordless stick vacuum on the market!
- The vacuum head can rotate 360° and move in any direction.
- The dual brush roll lets the vacuum glide easily on any hard flooring.
- The cleaning head and HEPA filter are washable.
- This vacuum has a relatively shorter run time.
- Cannot use on carpet
- Not as good as the Dyson V15 for pet hair
- The dust bin is much smaller on the Omniglide compared to the Dyson V15
- Air Watts suction power is limited to 50AW, which is good but much lower than the Boost Mode of 230AW on the V15
Comparison: Dyson V15 vs Dyson Omni-glide
The Dyson V15 weighs 6.9 lbs, while Omni-glide weighs only 4 lbs. However, both the vacuums are portable and come with a carrying handle which makes them easy to lift and move.
Both the models use HEPA filtration. The Dyson V15 and Omni-glide can trap 99% of the dust and dirt particles with their five-stage filtration process. The filter is easy to remove by twisting it and is washable, and you should wash the filter in cold water at least once a month for better cleaning.
The Dyson Omni-glide can store 0.05 gallons of dirt. You will need to empty the dirt bin frequently as the dirt bin is fairly small. However, it is easy to empty the bin with just the push of a button.
In comparison, the V15 can store 0.2 gallons of dirt. The bin of both the models are made of plastic, so it is easy to view the amount of dirt stored so that you can be aware of when you need to empty it.
Powerful suction capacity means easily capturing the dirt from the floors and carpets (although note the Omni-glide is not suitable for carpets).
Both the vacuums have great suction capacity. The Dyson Omni-glide has two power modes: eco mode (its default mode) and max mode, which is powerful.
By comparison, the V15 comes with three power modes: eco mode, boost mode (for high-suction) and an auto mode that adjusts the suction power automatically depending on the cleaning surface and amount of dirt. Still, you will need to rotate the motor head to clean different flooring types, and this is great to clean around the house.
Battery and Run Time
The run time of both the vacuums varies greatly. The Dyson Omni-glide can run for around 20 minutes in low power mode, and at maximum power, it can run for 15 to 18 minutes. It takes 2.5 hours to charge fully. In comparison, the Dyson V15 has a maximum run time of 60 minutes in low power mode and takes 3.5 hours to charge fully. The V15 also has an LCD screen in front, which shows the remaining run time and a notice of any blockages. Omni-glide does not show the battery level.
Tools and Accessories
Both the models come with unique tools and brushes that make cleaning easy. The Dyson Omni-glide comes with soft brush rolls that are easy to attach and remove, and you can also attach a crevice tool and soft bristle brush when using handheld mode. These brushes are great to use when cleaning compact or tight spaces.
In comparison, the Dyson V15 comes with a laser slim head that can clean invisible dirt particles from the floor with ease. A cone-shaped turbo brush and hard bristle brush helps clean pet hairs from the carpets and fabrics easily, and it also includes a crevice tool that makes tight cleaning spaces easy.
Dyson Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner vs. Full-Size Upright Models
The full-size upright vacuum cleaners are the original, and older vacuums and cordless stick vacuums are the modern ones. Both do the same thing of cleaning the house, and there is just a slight difference in handling and operation.
Are the Cordless Sticks by Dyson Now as Powerful as their Full-Sized Uprights?
Dyson Cordless Stick vacuums deliver incredible performance and are great for cleaning any floor type. They tend to be lightweight, versatile, and portable vacuum cleaners great for everyday use. Dyson upright models are great for deep cleaning and have a reliably powerful suction capacity.
Both Dyson cordless and upright models have a powerful suction capacity and are great for cleaning surfaces thoroughly. One good thing about upright corded vacuums is they get power from the outlet to its motor, so the motor cannot stop mid-way while cleaning.
On the other hand, cordless stick vacuums offer powerful suction but run for a limited time, and their battery drains out quickly and needs to recharge before use every time. Cordless vacuums are great for cleaning around the house, but if you take a longer time to clean the house, choosing an upright model may be more efficient.
When we look at the weight of vacuum cleaners, cordless vacuums are much lighter and have a smaller dirt bin and motor compared to the upright model. The cordless vacuums weigh in the range of 4 lbs to 7 lbs, while the upright vacuum cleaners weigh more than 15 lbs.
If you are looking for a lightweight vacuum, choosing a cordless vacuum cleaner is a great option.
Both cordless stick vacuums and full-size uprights can easily clean hard floors, carpets, and stairs using different tools and attachments. The upright models can clean the floor with their heads and a hose, while the cordless stick vacuums are handheld.
Dyson upright models can store more than 0.55 gallons of dirt, so you don’t have to empty the bin frequently. These vacuums are great for cleaning large areas, office spaces, and workshops. Cordless stick models can typically store around 0.2 gallons of dirt in their compartment and their bins can be emptied easily. These are great for house cleaning, as long as the house is compact enough.
It is quite easy to bring cordless vacuum cleaners anywhere, and you don’t have to attach them to a power outlet. You can convert these cordless vacuums to handheld cleaners and clean car interiors or tight spaces easily.
In comparison, a full-size upright vacuum needs a lot of space and is limited in range. With a long power cord and extendable hose, they can reach as far as they can be extended.
Choosing the right vacuum cleaner for cleaning your house depends on your use and preferences. Choosing between the Dyson V15 and Dyson Omni-glide will depend on the floor type you have in your house.
If you have hard floors, then Dyson Omni-glide is specially designed for cleaning hard floors and is an excellent choice. It is compact, lightweight and relatively affordable.
But if you are looking for a vacuum cleaner for vacuuming carpets and floors, then the V15 Detect is a great choice.
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API