Home Vacuum Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Kenmore and Miele are best known for their outstanding range of home appliances and products. Kenmore and Miele both offer best in class home appliances and cleaning products. They offer features and quality that are hard to match.
Both the Kenmore 81615 600 series and the Miele Classic C1 canister vacuums come with some similar and distinguishing features, so it can be difficult to choose one that fits your cleaning requirements. These Kenmore and Miele canister are both bagged rather than bagless vacuums and are similarly priced.
In this article, we will compare these two value-for-money canister vacuums by Kenmore and Miele.
Kenmore 81615 600 Series vs Miele Classic C1
|Features||Kenmore 81615 600 Series||Miele Classic C1|
|Price||$349.99 onwards||$299 onwards|
|Weight||22.6 lbs||11.4 lbs|
|Dust/Dirt Capacity||2.1 L||4.5 L|
|Type Of Filtration||HEPA Filtration||HEPA Filtration|
|Bagged or Bag-less||Bagged||Bagged|
|Power||1400 W||1200 W|
|Warranty Length||1 year from the date of purchase||7-year Manufacturer Warranty on Motor, 1 year from date of purchase for Parts and Labour|
|Included Tools and Attachments||Crevice tool, Dusting Brush, Bare Floor Tool, Pet Power Mate||Dusting Brush, Upholstery Nozzle, Vario Clip|
|Cord/Cordless||Cord (Retractable)||Cord (Retractable)|
Kenmore 81615 600 Series
The Kenmore 81615 is an upgraded version of Kenmore 81614 from the 600 Series. The Kenmore 81615 600 Series is from the convenience-based POP-N-GO range of Canister Vacuum products from Kenmore.
With an AllergenSeal System, the vacuum manages to trap 99.97% of dust and particles. The 2-Power motor system helps clean hard surfaces, floors, and carpets with a suction power of 183 W and impactful brush rotation. This makes it a great vacuum for allergy sufferers.
Kenmore 81615 has a 4-height adjustment system that optimizes airflow. Its detachable 10.5′ telescoping handle helps in cleaning small corner and cushion surfaces like car seats. It provides floor to ceiling cleaning adjustments by using the 10.5′ telescopic wand. The vacuum comes with 4 attachments and tools that help make the best use of the device and for proper storage.
- POP-N-GO feature of the Kenmore 81615 helps in easily setting up and cleaning your surfaces. The Hard Floor brush attaches with a snap and cleans surfaces.
- It has great maneuvering capabilities making it easy to handle and move around the house.
- The 2 Power Motor helps increase the power of the vacuum to a maximum of 183 W. You can alter the power according to your cleaning requirements.
- A retractable cord for extending the reach of your vacuum as far as you need.
- The Pet PowerMate included as an attachment helps in cleaning pet fur from furniture and cloth easily.
- It comes only with a 2.1 L capacity which is generally low for a canister vacuum.
- It has high power consumption (1400 W), although this also means the suction power is super strong.
- The Kenmore at 22lbs is double the weight of the Miele C1! If you’re looking for a lightweight vacuum for use on stairs then the Miele C1 would be a better option.
To understand more about the functions of the Kenmore 81615 and the various attachments and key elements of the vacuum, check out this video.
Miele Classic C1 (ASIN B07P97CD5T
The Miele C1 Range comes in 2 variants: Miele Classic C1 and Miele C1. The Miele Classic C1 is manufactured in Germany and comes with a stainless-steel suction wand. It has an ergonomic handle and caster wheels for swift movement while cleaning. It has a gentle start motor that goes easy on the power supply and negates any high voltage circuit overloading.
With a built-in temperature detector, the vacuum shuts itself down when the temperature is too high to improve the user’s safety. After the cool-down period, the device turns back on for further cleaning.
Miele Classic C1 comes with three attachments; Dusting Brush, Upholstery Nozzle, and VarioClip help improve the device’s performance and provide the best results. The Crevice Nozzle helps in cleaning out small corners and surfaces. All the attachments are loaded onto the VarioClip for you to easily access and store attachments.
It has a HEPA Miele AirClean System Filter Bag with an AirClean exhaust filter that provides maximum filtration and cleans out 99.9% of fine dust and particles. For detailed information on Miele’s Air Clean System, check out their official page here. The vacuum can be accessed to a radius of 29.5 feet from the plug, giving it a larger surface space for cleaning.
The vacuum has a Practical Locking System that locks the cleaner’s floorhead, suction tube, and handle lock for a perfect fit.
- It is extremely lightweight with an overall product weight of just 11.4 lbs, which comes in the lighter segment of traditional canister vacuums. The Miele is only half the weight compared to the Kenmore.
- It has an extremely long radius of 29.5 feet compared to the Kenmore 81615 600 series that has a cord length of 28 feet. The long cord helps clean out large spaces without the need for extension cords.
- The VarioClip holds all three attachments for ease in usage and storage purposes.
- The temperature detection feature helps in preventing any overheating of the device or motor power disruption.
- The Miele AirClean System helps in reducing harmful germs and particles in the environment and provides in-depth cleaning. For more information on Miele’s AirClean System, check out this video explaining the AirClean System and its maintenance.
- The AirClean filter provides maximum filtration by cleaning out 99.9% fine dust and particles for a healthy and hygienic surrounding.
- It comes with a long 29.5 feet cord that can become inconvenient in small spaces and cause entangling of the cord.
- It has only three attachments included compared to the Kenmore 81615 600 Series that comes with an extra tool (Pet PowerMate). You can purchase more attachments separately.
- It does not have multiple power modes.
- The temperature detection feature may keep the device out of use until the cool-down period is over. This may take up time and delay the cleaning process.
To understand more functions of the Miele Classic C1 canister vacuum and understand the various features included, check out this video by Modern Castle, exploring various aspects of this canister vacuum in-depth.
Kenmore 81615 600 Series Vs Miele Classic C1: Which is better?
Looking at the price range, the Kenmore 81615 is nearly $50 more than the Miele Classic C1. Miele offers a better value for money with nearly the same features, while Kenmore is at a higher price rate for the functions that it offers.
Miele has a very low weight of 11.4 lbs, while Kenmore is almost double in weight at 22.6 lbs. Lighter weight helps in easier maneuverability and handling of the device. It is also something to consider if your home has multiple floors and stairs to clean.
Kenmore offers four attachments, including a Pet Power Mate, while Miele offers only three attachments. More attachments for Miele can be purchased if required.
Kenmore 81615 has a total power of 1400 W consumption while Miele has 1200 W of consumption. Thus, the Miele uses less power to run. Miele has the feature of automatic shut down during overheating, while Kenmore lacks this advantage.
Kenmore has a 28 foot-long retractable cord with a total length of 28 feet, while Miele’s cord covers 29.5 feet. A long cord helps in covering a larger area but increases the chances of the cord entangling.
Both the Kenmore and Miele canister vacuums have their own set of pros and cons. While Kenmore has an extra attachment compared to Miele, it is almost $50 more than Miele. Kenmore has a two-power motor system, while Miele has a Gentle Power Motor that goes easy on the circuit. With fewer attachments, Miele does not offer multiple power modes, unlike Kenmore.
When going for canister vacuums, it is best to look at the cost, cleaning space requirements, and bag capacity. Both products offer very similar features but differ in power modes and attachments. The Kenmore 81615 600 Series stands at a higher position than Miele Classic C1, offering more attachments and features for just $50 extra, making it a suitable option for those who need these offerings.
For customers who have multiple pets and are willing to pay $50 extra to get the Pet PowerMate attachment with a two-power motor, Kenmore 81615 600 Series should be their go-to canister vacuum. Those with budget constraints and who do not require an extra attachment will look at the Miele as the better option with a lesser power consumption of 1200 W.
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API